Sylvester Middle School offers a variety of after school club options for students.
We make every effort to ensure that the club information provided here is up-to-date and accurate, but occasionally there may be a last minute day-of cancellation of a club if the club leader is absent, in which case we will make an announcement to the students that day.
Clubs may change throughout the year, as student interest guides our after school program offerings. We update the club list with any changes or club additions.
Expectations for Clubs
On Monday-Thursday, all students should report to the cafeteria by 2:50 p.m. for snacks and check-in. Teachers will gather their groups from the cafeteria by 3:10 p.m. Students will be released to the activity bus at 4:25 p.m. and the bus will depart at 5 pm.
On early-release Friday, all students should report to the cafeteria by 1:20 p.m. for snacks and check-in. Teachers will gather their groups from the cafeteria by 1:40 p.m.
Students who do not participate in a full length program (including after school help with a specific teacher) are not eligible for an activity bus and will need to arrange their own transportation. This is to be sure that students are accounted for and are safe at all times on campus.
- Homework Help (Monday-Thursday)
- Burien Parks & Recreation (Tuesday – Friday)
- GSA, Gay-Straight Alliance Club (Thursday)
- Yearbook Club (Monday and Tuesday)
- Guitar Club (Monday)
- Girls on the Run (Begins in March, Tuesday/Thursday)
- Anime Club (Wednesday)
- Maker's Space (Monday)
- Writing Club (Thursday)
- Robotics/Engineering Club - Coming Soon
- Lyrics for Life Club - Starts 2nd Semester
- Black Student Union
- Stem Club - Coming Soon
- Book Club (3rd Thursday/Month)
- Random Fandom Club (Last Monday/month)
- Gaming Club (Monday)
- Asian/Pacific Islander Club (Wednesday)