17-18 Performance Report
- School Information
- Highlights for 2017-18
- Plans for 2018-19
- Invitation to Participate
- How District Funds are Invested
- Advisory focused on goal setting, perseverance, developing relationships and team building through community circles.
- Teaching and learning focused on challenging students with Common Core aligned complex texts and complex tasks.
- Teacher collaboration time on Wednesday afternoons and Friday PCT studied culturally responsive teaching practices.
- We introduced restorative justice practices.
- Students received community supports through partnerships with Sylvester PTSA, AmeriCorps, Burien Parks and Recreation, College Success Foundation, NAVOS, Highline Native Education Program, Discovery Education, Teamworks and The Environmental Science Center.
- Advisory will continue to focus on social-emotional learning competencies, community building and restorative circles.
- Teaching and learning focused on challenging students with culturally responsive Common Core aligned complex texts and tasks and academic language development.
- Introduce STEM focused Natural Resources and Conservation environmental education, Health for all students and AVID.
- Teacher collaboration time on Wednesday afternoons and Friday PCT will focus on culturally responsive teaching practices, standards-based instruction and promoting a positive school culture.
- Students will continue to receive community partnership support and increase opportunities for extended learning through a more academically robust after-school program.
At Highline Public Schools, one of our four pillars in the district's strategic plan is parent and family engagement. In order to reach our strategic plan goals we will form partnerships with parents and families. Families and community members are encouraged to participate in school activities and in educating students in school, at home and in the community.